Make Your New Clients Feel Special With A Customer Welcome Kit
What happens after a prospect becomes your customer or client will be the difference between a one-time sale and repeat customers.
You have spent a lot of money on your marketing to get a person to call and buy from you. How do you now convert them into long-term working relationship?
The answer is that it will take a little effort and will cost a little money. It is the extra effort you put forth that pays the dividends. Zig Ziglar once said, “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.” By going the extra mile after the sale you go a long way in cementing a long-term relationship with a new customer.
Ways To Welcome A New Customer
- Send them a gift. A gift can be as easy as a Starbucks gift card or a box of chocolates with a note thanking them for their business.
- A welcome kit is the next step. A welcome kit gives your new client the data they need and want about your company.
- Best to do both and send them a gift and a welcome kit.
What Should Your New Customer Welcome Kit Include?
- A custom designed pocket folder or large envelope that brands your company.
- A letter from the general manager or owner. The letter would have the purpose of making the client feel welcome and also offer a quick review of the main points of the product or service the customer just purchased from you.
- Some business models are to include a brief bio on the company.
- A short overview of what else you offer. The purpose is to cross promote other services you offer that the client may be interested in.
- Your office hours.
- Your company contact information that is clear on how and when clients can contact you.
- If applicable, a copy of the contracts and agreements.
- A flyer sheet asking for a referral. If you have a referral program, explain how it works. And include referral cards and business cards, so that your client can now refer your business.
- Include full color brochures for related products and services that they may be interested in.
- Another good idea is to include a list of frequently asked questions.
- Promotional gadgets and items with your logo like pens, calendars, and magnets, etc.
- Warranty certificates are vital especially if you are selling big-ticket items.
If you need help coming up with a Welcome Kit that would be perfect for your business and your type of customers, you should call us. We can help.
©2005-2016 Mark Hale, All Rights Reserved.