12 Days of Christmas Marketing Ideas for Your Business
Mark Hale ‐ October 20, 2017
The holidays are here and with it brings opportunities for you to attract more sales for your business. Maximize your profits this holiday season with the following 12 Days of Christmas Marketing Tips & Ideas:
- Make your plan and start now. Repetition does sell—plan to promote early and often. Send out emails, direct mailers, or holiday cards announcing your sales and specials.
- Create time-limited offers to encourage your customers to buy now.
- Use the “12 Days of Christmas” theme and offer increasing price specials and incentives.
- Business-to-business marketing follows the same rules as retail sales during the holidays; you need to give prospects a reason to buy now! We had a heating & air company generate $300,000 in sales simply by sending out 3500 holiday cards with a special insert card.
- In store support. Use posters and flyers to support your marketing campaign, especially in targeted high-traffic and shopping areas of your business.
- Use direct mail and postcard marketing to target customers and be sure to use QR codes to direct them to your website to download coupons. Introduce add-ons and buy now incentives to give customers’ a reason to buy now and not shop around.
- Encourage repeat sales by offering customer punch loyalty cards or referral cards for discounts.
- Host a holiday season kick-off event to bring customers in. such as a tree-lighting ceremony with hot chocolate and a visit from Santa, and make sure customers leave with your holiday catalog.
- Take full advantage of email, social media and your website to promote your upcoming deals.
- If you have a catalog, it is a good idea to print and mail out pre-catalog release postcards with a special offer. Send this out several weeks before you launch your main catalog. The idea is to tease and promote the release of your upcoming catalog.
- Statement stuffers with holiday specials. If you send out invoices or statements, this is a golden opportunity to cross promote other services and products.
- Keep your business top of mind every day of the New Year. Give 2014 calendars away before your competitors do, so you can ensure you’re the brand customers see day in and day out. We have several styles of calendars to choose from. Make sure to print special daily, weekly or monthly offers on your calendars to encourage direct sales
This time of the year presents a unique time for promotion. Sure there are a lot more distraction, but the important thing to remember is people are in a buying frame of mind. Whether you have a retail store, sell services or are business-to-business you can use the holidays to sell more.
Mark Hale © 2014
Printing And Design
- Postcard Printing
- Business Brochures
- Booklet Printing
- Signs and Banners
- Customer Thank You Cards
- Custom Pocket Folders