7 Ways to Take Advantage of the Holidays to Market Your Business
Mark Hale ‐ November 10, 2015
The holiday season is approaching very fast. This season offers you opportunities to build relationships with your customers and clients in fun, and some may say, cheesy ways. But still, ‘tis the season and how you approach it and use it will have an impact on your businesses sales.
Below are seven ideas that will help you build your brand and relationships with your customers.
- Holiday Cards – is a time-tested way to get in front of your customers. They are simple to do and require little thought. You can save time addressing and on postage cost by hiring a professional mailing company to address and mail out for you. Below are some different options that can help take your traditional holiday card to the next level with sales:
- Put a 3 x 5 insert card inside your holiday cards with a promotional offer. You are already getting the good PR value by sending out holiday cards, so why not also give them a reason to call you and buy something too.
- If you have sales people, get special envelopes printed with the sales person’s picture on the envelope. The cost of digital printing has brought the cost way down on full color envelope printing.
- Holiday Emails – sending emails out is cheap and easy way you can get in front of your customers. Emails are a support medium for your sales and marketing efforts but do have limitations.
- Novelty Christmas Gifts – today, custom pad printed items number in the thousands and you can get gifts that are tied in with your industry and will have you logo printed on it. There are literally thousands of potential novelty gifts you can choose from for your company. Tip, try to get something that can be used and is not cliché. For example, stress balls are over used and unless you are a massage therapist there are better items that would tie in with your business.
- Social Media – is made for the holiday season. It allows you get personal, to get silly and make an impression with your customers. Send holiday pictures of your staff, silly photos of the boss dressed like Santa Claus or simply post about grandma’s fruitcake recipe. The idea is to have fun with it and remember they call it “social” media, not “hard sell” media.
- Go visit customers – the phone, email and Skype have replaced personal visits. Back in the day, a sales person used to get in his car and go see a prospect. Today, this is not so much the case. The holidays give you a reason to go see a customer and build a relationship with the customer.
- Holiday Specials and Sale Offers – People like deals this time of the year. Look at what inventory or service you can offer at a deal for your customers. The holiday season presents an opportunity for you to sell more simply because your customers are in a buying mood.
- End-Of-Year Needs Survey With Customers – when you are seeing, emailing, mailing and social media-ing with your customers and prospects you are opening a line of communication with them. This open line will allow you to newly find out what your customer’s current needs are and what their needs will be in the New Year.
Wilson Printing USA can help you come up with an effective plan for the holiday season!
©2005-2015 Mark Hale, All Rights Reserved.
Printing And Design
- Postcard Printing
- Business Brochures
- Booklet Printing
- Signs and Banners
- Customer Thank You Cards
- Custom Pocket Folders
Yes! Contact Me About This Special
Buy 2,500 Postcards, Get 2,500 FREE!
$399 if purchased by 8/31/21