Ditch DIY Disasters: The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Brochure Design
Mark Hale ‐ August 22, 2023
You are an entrepreneur. Being a maverick has gotten you to where you are today.
When it comes to brochure design, it’s tempting and in your nature to dive into the DIY pool head first. I mean how hard can it be? You have PowerPoint and Publisher.
But trust me, as someone who has learned the hard way, going with a professional graphic designer is the real game-changer for two very important reasons:
- How many projects do you have open right now? You have your hands in enough projects and you want to add another one?
- You do not have the time, know-how, or tools to create a great-looking brochure.
A professional graphic designer has the magical touch to make your brochure stand out like a peacock in a penguin parade.
What can you do to help your designer create the best brochure design for your business?
- Stay focused on the purpose of the brochure. Write down what you want the brochure to accomplish, i.e. sell a new product, answer questions about a product, or showcase complimentary services and products.
- Ditch the blah to make an impact. Resist the urge to use clichés such as, “conveniently located” “in business since” etc. Why you wouldn’t use clichés is because they are boring and do not capture attention and nobody cares about them, except you.
- Think about the end user, the reader…your customer. If you were your customer what would you want to know about the product or service? Write that down.
- What are the benefits of your product or service?
- Do you need product photos or before and after pictures in the brochure? Make sure the photos you select are of good quality. A grainy photo can ruin the look of a brochure.
- Chances are you do not have the design tools or know-how, which brings me to hiring a graphic designer to help you. Designers know how to use colors, play with fonts, and use visual elements to create eye-catching imagery that will leave your potential customers calling for more.
- Consistency is crucial for brand recognition, my friends. A pro designer will seamlessly blend your logo, colors, and fonts into the brochure, making it a part of your brand family. Trust me, when your customers see that cohesive look, they’ll be like, “Dang, this business knows what it’s doing!”
Trends come and go, my entrepreneurial comrades. But staying ahead of the curve is what keeps our businesses thriving. Professional graphic designers are like the fashionistas of the design world. They know the latest trends, techniques, and industry secrets to make your brochure shine brighter than a disco ball. With their innovative touch, your brochure will turn heads and make your competition green with envy.
So, my fellow business owners, let’s bid farewell to the DIY brochure delusion. Say goodbye to “blah” and hello to “wow” as your brochure grabs attention, wows your customers, and amplifies your brand. Remember, you’ve got big dreams, and a professional design will help turn them into reality.
Investing in a professional graphic designer is like adding a secret weapon to your marketing arsenal. Or you could just call us and have one of our designers design a masterpiece for you and we will print it to boot!
Printing And Design
- Postcard Printing
- Business Brochures
- Booklet Printing
- Signs and Banners
- Customer Thank You Cards
- Custom Pocket Folders