Kudos For You
When is the last time you received recognition for a job well done?
Considering that a little recognition can go a long ways, it’s surprising that people don’t give it out more often.
Here are five popular excuses for not giving recognition:
- I don’t know how. You don’t need formal training to recognize a job well done. Just make an honest effort to offer a sincere compliment or show your appreciation.
- I don’t have time. How much time does it really take to say, “You did a great job” or “thank you”?
- He’s just doing his job. When saved for a special occasion, individuals strive to do better when their effort is acknowledged.
- It’s not my responsibility. Recognition is appreciated from any level and doesn’t have to be given from the top-down. Surely you know how disappointing it feels to have your achievements be overlooked or feel taken for granted.
- She will quit working hard if she thinks she’s “made it.” Recognition for a job well done does just the opposite. In fact, it is proven to make people work harder and take greater pride in their work.
Here’s the way I see it: Recognition is just as important away from work.
Perhaps your spouse cooked a delicious meal, your child did great on a test, your neighbor planted beautiful flowers in his yard… the list goes on. A little recognition won’t cost you a dime but can have amazing results.
If you are the chief executive of your company, a custom designed “kudos card” can go a long way to raise morale and create loyalty in your business. It only really takes two things; one, for you to observe when your people are doing their best and two, taking the time to jot down a note that you noticed what they did and that you appreciate it.
If you decide to make Kudos a part of your day, we hope you will call us for your custom design.