Digital Black and White Printing
Mark Hale ‐ December 27, 2013
Getting Creative in Black and White. With the extreme popularity of high-resolution computer screens on the desktops of designers everywhere, it is easy to forget that simple black ink on white paper still provides an economical and extremely creative approach to design. Everyone is using color in marketing materials today. Sometimes good old fashion black ink and a clever design will help you to stand out and save you money. Black and white printed materials are usually 65% to 75% less expensive than process color.
If you’re on a limited budget, need something printed fast, or need an alternative idea, why not design your next project in black and white? Black and white works well whether you are using digital or printing on an off set press. To get the most out of black and white printing, below are some tips to help you:
- Consider creating an ad with screens (gray shades) – these are easy and inexpensive to reproduce in a variety of media.
- Strive to create a layout that draws attention to the ad and also helps it stand apart from the (inevitable) crowd.
- Ads that call for attention through a variety of easily produced black-against-white illustrations and graphic styles.
There are endless ways to display an ad’s content, even when restricted to a single color of ink. Explore.
Explore and Consider:
- Hand-drawn elements
- Unusual border treatments
- Line work around and/or inside the ad
- Interesting, bold typography
- Sideways elements
- Reversed text/graphics
Want something different? Yellow or orange paper with black ink stands out. It is a good way to add color and save money on costs. Our graphic designers can help make your text really pop with a few of the design tips above. Call us, we would be happy to help in any way we can.
Printing And Design
- Postcard Printing
- Business Brochures
- Booklet Printing
- Signs and Banners
- Customer Thank You Cards
- Custom Pocket Folders
Yes! Contact Me About This Special
Buy 2,500 Postcards, Get 2,500 FREE!
$399 if purchased by 8/31/21