How to Generate More HVAC Leads & Referrals
Today your success in generating quality HVAC leads largely depends on three things: 1) the quality of your service, 2) the amount and type of marketing you do, and 3) your website.
I am going to take these in reverse order. I am amazed at the HVAC customers we work with who do not have a website or their website is old and has not been updated for 5 plus years. Bad, bad, very bad!!
The way people shop today is that 90% to 95% of people will go online and research a business before calling. They check out your reviews and look at the services you offer online. Then they go check out your competitor’s website. If your website looks old, ugly and is difficult to navigate the prospect crosses you off the list.
You don’t need to spend a lot of money on a website, but you also don’t need to have your brother-in-law or cousin do it because he has a knack for technology. Your website is the first impression your prospects will have of your business.
Things You Must Have to Have a Good HVAC Website:
- The website looks fresh
- It’s easy to navigate. A prospect should never be more than one or two clicks from what they are looking for.
- Services you offer
- Specials you offer
- How to contact you
- Service areas
- Response time
- If you have the personnel, I encourage our clients to include a live chat feature on their website. A live chat feature is a pop up that engages the prospect in real-time asking if they need help. Look at it this way, if someone walked in your store you would ask them if they needed help or had a question. This is the same thing but on your website.
- Make sure your phone number is plastered all over and is easy to find.
- Content with specific keywords is important because it helps you pop up in the Google searches.
The Amount & Type of Marketing You Do Matters
It use to be that to run a successful business and generate plenty of HVAC leads all you had to do is buy a half or full-page ad in the Yellow Pages. They do not even print Yellow Pages anymore – it is all online.
Does this mean you should spend all your ad dollars online? The problem with that is no matter how big your ad budget is you will run out of money.
A better strategy is to do a targeted mailer and use what is called remarketing ads. What is a remarketing ad? Basically, after you go to a website and leave, the remarketing ad follows you around the internet where ever you search. Very effective because the people who are on your website are prospects right now and following them with an online ad is easy and cost-effective.
Direct Mail is a small business’s secret weapon. Let me ask you this–do you know anyone who does not have a mailbox?… Everyone has a mailbox and gets their mail delivered every day. Direct mail allows you to put a targeted message in front of a prospect for less than Google Pay Per Click ads, radio, TV or even billboards.
Types of Mailers for HVAC Marketing
- New mover mailers. They have just moved to a new home and do not have an existing relationship with another HVAC company.
- Target area mailers. We have ways to get your postage down to 13¢ to 19¢ per piece, saving you a lot of money.
- Existing customer mailers. It is always a good idea to stay in front of your existing clients. There are several ways you can do this.
- Thank you cards
- Service reminders
Marketing and generating HVAC leads is simple if you have the basics in, a good website and do regular and routine mailers.
If you need help with marketing your HVAC business, fill out the form below and one of our Marketing Consultants will contact you shortly.