Personalized Direct Mail Postcards For Small Business
Mark Hale ‐ January 28, 2019
Personalization of direct mail postcards or other mail piece can boost your returns dramatically.
Consider which you, personally, would notice first:
- A postcard with your name in the headline and in several other places on the postcard?
- A generic postcard. Your name is only on the address section of the card.
The majority of peoples notice the personalized postcard more.
The term used in the printing and marketing industry for personalization is Variable Data Printing (VDP).
It used to be that you printed and mailed 5000 postcards and they all looked the same. They had the same headline, the same message and same photos.
With variable data postcard printing you can put the prospect name in the headline, and tailor the rest of the message to each individual prospect on your mailing list. Now you can send out 5000 different cards or direct mailers that have a custom message to each person.
Is it more expensive? Sure it is, but the response can be 50% higher, while the cost to personalize the postcard is nominal.
Direct mail today is very much alive and is more effective than ever. Personalization of the postcard direct mailers improves your readership, response and with that, your sales increase.
I have spoken about personalized postcard mailers before, but there are several other direct mail applications for VDP as follows:
- Variable Data Direct Mail Postcards.
- Variable Data Check Mailers. Nothing gets attention like mailing faux checks. There is a whole technology behind it.
- Variable Data Birthday Card Mailers for Business. Everyone has a birthday. We can get mailing lists with birthdays and nothing is more personal than sending a prospect a birthday card with special coupon.
The ways you can personalize a mailer and mail in mass are limited only by your imagination. Variable data postcard printing is made possible by digital printing technology.
If you are looking for a way to personalize your marketing with variable data printing and how it will work for you, ask your sales representative for more information.
Looking for a way to make your direct mail marketing more effective AND a way to track results? Watch the video below to learn more about our Direct Mail Scout Program:
Printing And Design
- Postcard Printing
- Business Brochures
- Booklet Printing
- Signs and Banners
- Customer Thank You Cards
- Custom Pocket Folders