Who Are The Most Special People On The Planet – Marketing for Your Business
Mark Hale ‐ December 27, 2013
A customer is indeed a very special person. Look at it with this perspective, of the billions of people on planet Earth, only a tiny fraction has chosen to do business with you. These fine people have selected your business on purpose. It is your constant obligation – though it should be a pleasure – to do what you can to improve the lives of these people with valuable advice, help to solve their problems and reviews of new products and services.
To illustrate my point, first look at what your business is really selling. What are people really buying from you? Well, what are you really selling to your customers? The basic product every business is selling is HELP. You are helping your customer solve a problem he has. The better your company is at this the more successful it will be.
One of the most basic ways you can help your customers is by letting them know you are there and can help them solve the problems they have. You should do this regularly and often. There are many ways to stay in touch. Sending birthday cards is one way. A postcard or a newsletter mailed to them is easy and inexpensive.
Customer reverence is felt by the heart and planned by the mind. Every person in your company should reflect it.
Show your customer how much you appreciate them by sending:
- A thank-you note within 48 hours of each purchase, although 24 hours is more impressive and memorable. Anyone can send a thank-you note.
- An offer of an item related to their purchase, tendered about 30 days after the purchase. The offer can be for a product or service.
- A questionnaire. Send each new customer a questionnaire to learn more about them and their interests. Or better, call them and go through the questionnaire with them over the phone.
- A birthday card. Use the questionnaire mentioned above to learn each customer’s birthday – month and day, not year. Then, send them a card when their birthday rolls around. The author Harvey Mackay and his Mackay 66 carried this philosophy to its limits and beyond. His company even sent graduation cards to the customer’s kids, anniversary cards to the customer and spouse, and post cards from their vacations.
- A newsletter sent monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly, if it’s created with customer reverence in mind, will give more than it asks, provide valuable free information and still make offers to sell something. Wilson Printing can help you with layout, design, printing and mailing of the newsletter. We can make it very turnkey for you.
- A catalog of your offerings sent only to customers or sent first to customers, then to prospects, if your customer list isn’t long enough. Customers will especially appreciate a catalog that clearly communicates that it is for customers only. Catalogs are a specialty of Wilson Printing. We have great prices on small quantities to large orders.
- A fact-of-interest postcard sent in the purest sense of customer reverence. Give data that can help your customer without trying to sell anything. Keep it brief and customers will actually look forward to your mailings – a dream world for most, but the standard situation for businesses who want to grow and expand.
Here are some of the more popular and creative ways to use postcards:
- Thank you cards that have a picture of your business or organization printed on the front.
- New product announcements – place a picture of the product on the front.
- New employee announcements – feature the new employee’s picture on the front, with their contact information on the back.
- Web cards create interest and drive traffic to your website.
Some other ideas for staying in front of your customers are:
- Tabbed file folders with company contact information and product information printed in full color right on it. These are both useful to your customers and are an effective way to market your business.
- Product insert information inserted into invoices.
- Customer follow-up mailings designed to create loyalty.
If you don’t stay in contact with your customers, somebody else may win them away from you. By constantly fanning the flames of love and loyalty, you will prove beyond any words that you revere your customers, while at the same time safeguarding against apathy.
If there is anything we can do to help you, please give us a call at 727-536-4173.
Printing And Design
- Postcard Printing
- Business Brochures
- Booklet Printing
- Signs and Banners
- Customer Thank You Cards
- Custom Pocket Folders
Yes! Contact Me About This Special
Buy 2,500 Postcards, Get 2,500 FREE!
$399 if purchased by 8/31/21