Valentine’s Day Promotion Ideas For Small Business Marketing
Mark Hale ‐ January 16, 2015
The holidays are a great tool to boost your business’s sales! People usually consider using the big holidays like Christmas, News Year or 4th of July to build an event around, but holidays such as, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day & Father’s Day also present opportunities to build better relationships with customers and to improve your small businesses sales.
Sure Valentine’s Day is mushy and cheesy, but a smart marketer can take advantage of this and use it to improve relationships with customers as well as a tool to increase sales.
What is the best way to make your Valentine’s Day promotion known? I’m sure your answer is obvious—the medium that will give me the biggest bang for my advertising buck. As many companies look for new ways to find new customers and prospects, traditional marketing approaches, like direct mail campaigns, are often replaced with online advertisements and other technology-based mediums.
However, for holiday themed promotions like Valentine’s Day online advertising is okay, but usually will not produce a huge bump in sales unless you are selling chocolate, flowers or greeting cards. Even then, due to all the competition on the Internet, it is a gamble to promote solely with social media or online ads. You need a way to put your message in the hands of customers and prospects with the least amount of competitive distraction. Sending a Valentine’s Card Direct Mailer is the one of two ways to put your message directly in the hands of your customers, the other way is to personally hand it to them.
Creating a direct mail campaign around Valentine’s Day is an easy and cost-effective way increase sales from your existing customer base. You still can and should tie your social media into your Valentine’s Day direct mailer.
With the average person seeing over 2500 advertising messages a day it can be difficult to get noticed. Sending out a Valentine’s or a holiday themed direct mail piece will get you noticed because you are taking advantage of and using existing social patterns.
- A fold over Valentine’s Day card to customers with an insert coupon card with a special is very effective. The Valentine’s card gets opened and noticed and you promotional offer get presented a most positive manner.
- Lumpy mailer: when people receive a card that is lumpy in the mail they naturally want to open it. Try inserting a small chocolate bar in the card with your insert offer card.
- Die cut Valentine’s Day Card with special insert of a Valentine’s lollipop. If you want we can even die cut a huge heart shape fold over Valentine’s card.
Another great idea is to send a box of custom imprinted stress balls to your clients with funny sayings to give them a good laugh and a big smile this Valentine’s Day. If you need a little inspiration, try one of following examples for your stress ball imprint:
- In case of emergency, squeeze!
- A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
- Give me coffee and no one gets hurt!
- Gone crazy, be back shortly.
- It’s been lovely, but I have to scream now!
- God didn’t do it all in one day. What makes you think I can?
- The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.
- Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.
- In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
- Stressed is desserts spelled backwards!
- If stressed burned calories, I’d be a supermodel!
Show your customers just how “bananas” you are for them by sending them a batch of freshly ripped bananas. Whether with sharpie on a real batch of bananas or imprinting on banana stress balls a saying like, “I’m Bananas for You” to your new customers or “Let’s Never Split” to your returning customers is a unique and creative way to grab their attention and let them know you are thinking of them.
Gift certificates are also a great way to show appreciation for your customers, for example send them a gift card from Dairy Queen for a banana split, or a Starbucks gift card.
There are hundreds of things you can do, which one you consider best depends on your budget and imagination. The easiest option is mailing a Valentine’s Day card with an insert coupon. Our graphic designers can design a message that will make you stand out and make your phone ring!
We also can help you get custom imprinted novelty items mentioned above. There are thousands of items you can get imprinted with your logo.
©2005-2014 Mark Hale, All Rights Reserved
Printing And Design
- Postcard Printing
- Business Brochures
- Booklet Printing
- Signs and Banners
- Customer Thank You Cards
- Custom Pocket Folders
Yes! Contact Me About This Special
Buy 2,500 Postcards, Get 2,500 FREE!
$399 if purchased by 8/31/21