Stretch Your Budget with Self Mailing Brochures
Mark Hale ‐ February 4, 2014
Have you thought that you would like to use direct mail but that a postcard seemed too limited for what you wanted to say? A very good alternative to postcard marketing is a self-mailing brochure.
What is a self-mailing brochure and how can you use them to increase your sales? Usually it is a tri-folded or bi-folded piece that is designed so that it can be mailed without the use of an envelope. You can save a substantial amount of money by eliminating the need for envelopes. You also save on addressing and stuffing costs.
Self mailing brochures are effective because:
1. Recipients don’t need to open anything to see your main message.
2. They are larger and you have more space to sell the benefits of your product or service.
3. Self-mailing brochures can also double as a handout.
4. A professionally designed self-mailing brochure guides the reader easily through it, building interest.
When considering what to put inside a self-mailer you should keep in mind the basic laws of advertising:
- The purpose of the piece is to generate interest and a phone call, not to completely sell your service. Selling is a job best done by a human being. Tell the reader enough to build interest and create more questions. The idea is to get them to call you so you can work with them one-on-one.
- Just like with postcards the headline should contain something that will get the attention of the prospect and pull them in.
- Photos used should support the message and make sense.
- Tell people what you want them to do. Always include a call to action. The rule of thumb is to ask them to buy early, often and regularly.
5. Use a “buy it now” offer. Always include why it is in the prospect’s best interest to call you now. Usually a pricing offer, but it can be anything as long as it is of a perceived value to the prospect.
6. Make the call to action easy to find. A person should not have to look very hard to see how they can get in touch with you. Your phone number, email and website should be in several places.
7. Include testimonials and success stories. These allow you to drive home your points. People always want to know what experience others have had with a product or service.
A professional graphic designer can accomplish this without making the piece look gaudy.
If you think a self-mailing brochure would be right for your business call us at (727) 536-4173 and talk to one of our marketing consultants.
A professionally designed self-mailing brochure can be an effective tool in your marketing arsenal. If you need help please call us, we are here to help make marketing your business easier and more successful for you. If you would like someone to call you with more information on self-mailing brochures click here.
Printing And Design
- Postcard Printing
- Business Brochures
- Booklet Printing
- Signs and Banners
- Customer Thank You Cards
- Custom Pocket Folders