Do I Really Need A Printed Brochure Today?
Mark Hale ‐ November 1, 2021
Do you really need a printed brochure in today’s marketplace? That is a good question and obviously, I have a vested interest in saying, “yes you need a brochure for your business”.
The truth depends on what you are selling.
With bigger ticket sales, products, and services that have a perceived risk of potential loss and industries that have a lot of competition or that require follow-up to close the sale, the answer is absolutely you need a printed brochure or booklet. Your next question is probably, “Why can’t I send them a digital brochure? A PDF brochure costs me nothing and the client can read the brochure when he or she wants to.”
This would appear to be true.
My question to you is do you want to win a new customer or make yourself feel good that you are following up because you sent them an email with a PDF brochure attached?
The fact is the average person is bombarded with over 250 to 300 spam emails…every day! The added problem with sending emails with a digital brochure attachment is people are afraid of opening email attachments nowadays due to computer viruses and hijacking fears. People also do not read emails, they scan them. So is sending an email really that effective? People are generally nice and do not want to say no to a salesperson, so the easiest way to get rid of a salesperson is to have them email information “to read”. So you email them and then you can never get them to take your call and the sales cycle ends there.
Here Are The Facts About Using a Printed Brochure For Your Business:
- People tend to believe what is written over digital because it is more real to them. They can see a printed brochure, hold it, and touch it.
- When you hand or send a brochure to a prospect they see it. If it is designed properly they will read it and respond. 76% of people say they keep printed information about products they have an interest in for reference.
- Using a printed brochure helps validate the buyer’s decision to go with your company, leading to less buyer’s remorse and more sales.
- A brochure should help guide the buyer through their decision by explaining benefits and providing proof. This works best in printed material.
- Most of your competitors are probably using digital brochures if anything at all. It is easy to spot a professional, reputable business just by the quality of their marketing materials. At least that is what your prospect feels. First impressions do matter.
- Printed marketing material makes your business real to the prospect.
- Mailing a follow-up brochure is more effective because there are no spam filters in a mailbox and people do at least look at their mail.
- Printed brochures are generally inexpensive to produce.
- A printed brochure will help you to close more business for higher prices.
To sum it up you need a printed brochure because you need to be effective. Printed brochures are a proven tool to winning new customers.
If you want to know how to get a brochure for your business, please contact our office. We can help.
Printing And Design
- Postcard Printing
- Business Brochures
- Booklet Printing
- Signs and Banners
- Customer Thank You Cards
- Custom Pocket Folders